Train with our industry experienced trainers for NRSWA Streetworks Units 10 for Supervisors
The Unit 10 course is for anyone who wants to be able to supervise others setting up signing, lighting and guarding equipment on highways. If you would like to be qualified to set up equipment yourself you need the NRSWA Unit 2 course
You will be assessed during the course and will have to complete the part B question paper.
You must also provide evidence from the work place where the assessment is carried out on a simulated site
The course will cover:
- Providing a detailed plan for an intended site, preferably from a real road, showing all distances and dimensions in accordance with the Safety at Streetworks and Road Works Code of Practice.
- Making formative decisions and recommend remedial action from a given plan.
- Observing an operative surveying a work site and record observations and remedial action required from the site plan.
- Observing an operative setting up and taking down a site.
- Recording observations made and explain reasons for agreeing or disagreeing with site operations and working practices.
- Explaining any remedial action required.
Equipment to bring with you on the day:
You will be learning on a live site during your course. Therefore, you will be required to wear protective clothing. Requirements vary by location, and some centres can be more accommodating but typically you are required to bring:
- Fluorescent Jacket Long-sleeve
- Overalls/Work Clothes (shorts not allowed)
- Safety Boots
- Waterproof Clothing
- Ear Defenders
- Hard Hat
- FFP3 Dust Mask
If you do not have access to any of this equipment/clothing please call our team on 0121 706 0851 and let us know
Our NRSWA Unit 10 courses are completely accredited by SWQR and upon completion of your course you will be awarded your Streetworks card.
Once completed candidates are certified to supervise the setting out of traffic lights, signs, cones and barriers in compliance with NRSWA.
- No. of days: 1 Day
- Min delegates: 4
- Max delegates: 8